Today, I worked my second day at a new childcare position, at a new education facility, with a new company. I met so many smiling faces between the ages of 1 and 40. My good friend dropped his upstanding bass off at my house, completely knowing and trusting me with it, and still is willing to pay me to paint it...with whatever theme I want. I visited my friends at Seattle Children's Hospital, since their daughter (who is only 7 weeks old) has been there for a week with RSV. The Father of this dynamic duo, his Mother passed away on Christmas day. I will be attending her memorial service tomorrow at 1pm at Cross of Christ Church. I have met someone...and I don't care what he thinks of me at this very moment, despite how I worry, I'm glad I have met him, and each encounter is one subtle surprise after another. It may not last, it could end at any time, and I still don't care, because I just feel so lucky. I spent New Year's Eve with friends who have no idea how much I cherish them. After 90 days at the new job, I'll get benefits for the first time in my life. I do not live with my parents, and managed to keep that to total, under a year's time.
Things could definitely be worse, but could not be better...or at least that's how it feels to me, at this very moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment