I've been told you run at the speed of light. It may not take much to know what you want. No, it may not take much time at all...
Believe me, I understand not wasting time, when one life is all we have.
It's just hard not to waste when you've been the one to be tasted and wasted again and again.
Just know that it will take me more than that.
I've been hurt, split, and the one to break in two. I know it wasn't you, but please know I'm not not willing to try.
With everything that's been done to me, and everything that I've done to myself...I've learned a great deal about who and what I deserve to want.
I want you, but just know that it will take me more time than that.
I'll never let go, until I feel I must for the sake of knowing what I deserve to want, and I'll want you until I have to let go.
Just know that it will take me more than that.
I'll love the sunshine and the moonlight spent with you, I'll love the bug bites you'll tell me not to scratch, and the number of times I know I'll smile and laugh.
Just know it will take more more than that...
But I'm here, and I'm yours nonetheless.
I'll just look for bumblebees before I take a step.
I and love and you.
No comments:
Post a Comment