Thursday, April 28, 2011

Surrealist Automatism




Whenever I have a split shift day for work...I have 5 hours to kill. At first I hated these days, because it meant going to bed super early the night before, and having to stay awake the whole day on only an affordable amount of coffee.

Now, I embrace these days...as if I couldn't live without them.

I take my visual journal with me to the Bothell Starbucks connected to a QFC near the Elementary school I work at. I take a few art supplies with me, buy a drip coffee with room...and just pour whatever comes to my mind on the page. Whether it's in note form, a list, a reminder I can't forget, an image, a thought...a regret. It winds up on the pages.

I feel like I'm making the most of the time I have, and enjoying life as much as I can.
I have the time to pay my bills online, watch tv episodes I forgot to watch, do online training for camp...you name it. I just wish I got enough sleep!

MEH...I'm young.

1 comment:

  1. Great work of art! I like the mermaid! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete