Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Best Sundays

This past Sunday, I woke up at 9am. Modestly cleaned the living room, awaiting the arrival of a good friend I hadn't seen in a while. I drank my coffee at a leisurely pace, and stayed in athletic yoga garb all day. I even cluttered our livng room with all my art supplies...after cleaning it.

It's just how ya do it! Make room for a different kind of mess.

Sarah finally arrived at 1pm...and we drank beer and painted for 5 hours.

I don't know a better way to spend an afternoon, do you?!

We had the sliding glass door open, letting sunlight in, and a nice breeze movin' through the apartment...even if the breeze was my room mate's sympathy farts!

Later that night, my friend Clayton showed up, and we headed for Seattle to see Annex's Weird and Awesome with Emmet Montgomery (always the first Sunday of the month). Clatyon met Afton's boyfriend, Johnny...who now thinks of me as a little sister of his. GREAT! They're certainly amazing hugs, BUT I don't need anymore brothers from different mothers. I got plenty of people lookin' out for me. I'm not 100% certain I need another alcoholic in the extended tree either. Still...as Sarah said, "You can't keep someone around just for their comics." I know tons of people who would say otherwise. A match made in heaven was made perfectly clear whenever Clayton and Johnny agreed on some rock single from who knows when...and as if in unison, air-guitared for a solid minute! Boys.

I've lost track of the true subject though...where was I?

...um?

YEAH, Sunday...comedy show. Lesbian standup comedians that look like paper boys from the 1920s, yada yada yada...Cards Against Humanity, We Didn't Playtest This Either, fine Italian wine, AND finally going home at 2am (eventhough I had work the next morning at 7:30am).

Needless to say, I called in sick Monday morning. It wasn't ALL lack of sleep...I think my room mate's case of the farts were contagious. Maybe I should drink less beer.

I'd say a perfect Sunday was accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment