As some of you may know, I have a new job starting on Monday, April 9th. Today was my orientation for it, actually. It's a fantastic company that I've heard only great things about, and I really can not wait to start DOING IT! I already have a family that I know through Westhill Elementary that is registered through my agency, and really wants to request me for days that they might need backup care for. Which would be so amazing!
I've been making that painful two-week long bandaid-rip process...saying good-bye to the Champion kids and families happen. It's not cool. It's not cool at all. I hate it, in fact. I know that if I stay in this career path...it's only gonna get harder and harder. Think of all the lives I could change, though! So many children, and opportunities to laugh and play with them. Incredible! It's all so exciting.
And to be blunt...I'll be making twice as much money!
CA-CHING!!!
Here's a list of the things I kinda need to buy...since I've been poor for so long, it's not even funny.
1. Antiques (Let's be honest, friends. We all know where my priorities lie).
2. Food
3. YOGA PANTS ('cause I finally have an excuse to wear them to work)
4. Nice jeans
5. Stationary (lots of letters to stay in touch with everyone, duh!)
6. Parashute cord from R.E.I. (one more art project underway, thank god it's cheap)
7. Whiskey (hey! at least it's not in the top 5, k?)
8. Head bands (that I alter and add to, of course)
9. A carpet bag
10. Floppy hat, complete with feathers
11. Bumbershoot with unique handle
The last three need to happen...'cause I want to be Mary Poppins, BITCH!!!
...but cooler. Much cooler.
No comments:
Post a Comment