Yup...had to go picking. I'm so incredibly good at prying up what's just on the verge of completely gone and healed. Now, I start it all over. I had to ask...open my mouth, or in our case, text message tin-can mistakeville.
Yeah, you messed up a good thing. I'm glad you think I'm a good thing.
Something inside me won't leave it alone...won't forget, and misses you. It wasn't good though, I was good, but you were never where I wanted you. Not once did you ask me, "so, what's on your mind?" "Tell me how your day is going." "Wanna get a cup of coffee before bed?" 'Cause yes, I drink coffee at the most inopportune moments...for some reason it helps me sleep.
I spent a lot of time keeping my mouth shut, because I knew you didn't care enough to hear it...yet, I was dumb, and kept watch, hoping you would if I looked at you with just the right percentage of come hither in my eye. Dumb! Yes, we were both morons.
Brief moments were fantastic, but pardon me, I tend to romanticize.
You're crazy...colorful, loud, obnoxious, a thrill seeker. I like that about you.
I'm at tracted to men who can't make up their minds. Darlin' drink more coffee, 'cause this is nothing new to you.
I sent a letter to someone who never deserved it...and now I want it back.
I hope our paths cross at least one more time just so I can explain myself. Explain what I went through. You shouldn't hear it though, 'cause it's a snowy day and picking at heart scabs is never a good way to spend a free day from life.
I miss you, nonetheless. That will never change... unfortunately.
No comments:
Post a Comment