Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Says the Sporty South African

I'm American. I resort to Google Maps far too much. According to Kathy Leverton my IQ is going to plummet. Before you know it, I'll have to own an iPhone just to remember where I live...

Oh dear.

I just wanted to know how far away Auckland was from the epicenter in Churchchrist, South Island!

The sad part is that I didn't even know about the earthquake until about 5pm, 3 hours after the earthquake happened...because Amanda Palmer tweeted about it this afternoon.

I think twitter is an awesome form of communication, and you hear about things as fast as someone can text and hit post. I do fear that the computer/cell phone will scar us for life...eventually.

Oh, instantaneous knowledge...do you have a downside?

I think my love of archaic pen to paper, postage stamps on envelopes balances everything out though. Can't forget human contact either...and I certainly had plenty of that tonight! The Fight Choreographer Don MacEllis Sammann "adores" me, and I adore every Annex Theatre company member that I had the pleasure of working with on "Duel of the Linguist Mages," by the all too awesome and handsome Scotto Moore. And he didn't think it would be a success! Pfffff. Silly man.

Again...an abundance of love for everyone.

Dearest, Alli...in a weeks time, you should be getting something rather interesting in the mail. It leaves Bellevue at 6am in the morning tomorrow, along with the letter I wrote to Zach Olson headed for Spokane, Washington.

Here's hoping I hear back from Northshore School District tomorrow!


Thomas Murdoch and Jems Todd...I sincerely hope that you kiwis are okay, as well as your families! I would prefer falling asleep tonight thinking you were nowhere near Churchchrist, safe in Auckland.

PEACE TO ALL, and take the time to write a letter to someone. I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment