Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Through the Walls of Fbook

I described my application process to everyone who asked, sharing my frustrations and coexisting patience in full. Comments and postings from the ones I love helped me stay afloat, on top of the many letters I sent across the United States, as opposed to emails. Phone calls instead of texts. Hugs instead of shyness. Drinks for all instead of two's a party.

I shared my interview process as well, hearing from most of the companies I wanted to work for anyways. I always thought the specifically tailored cover letter process + immaculate resume was overkill, but I take that assumption back.

I had two interviews in one week.
February 15th at 1:45pm. I was ten minutes late for my interview with Kinder Care/Champion's Learning Center in Lynwood due to traffic on the 520 bridge.
February 16th at 3pm. I was five minutes late for my interview with the packaging/spin casting department with Privateer Press Inc, due to sheer stupidity.

I got offered the job at Privateer Press on Monday, February 21st, and offered the job at West Hill Elementary on Tuesday, February 22nd (pending the results of my background check).

I accepted the West Hill Elementary Job! I gottttt itttt!

I also screamed like a banshee, jumping like a Mexican jumping bean in my living room for a full minute...then proceeded to text everyone that would care.

Life in abundance! Love for all!

The Temptations are singing "Just My 'Magination," just for me in the back of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment